Investing for retirement?
Whether you're 16 or 60, retirement planning is essential. And with Accordia, it's easy.
You may be looking forward to retiring, or it may seem like an eternity away. Either way, it's important to have a plan to make sure it's as enjoyable as possible.
You need to consider where you'd like to live, the sort of lifestyle you want, and crucially how you're going to finance it.
- if you currently own your own home, is it the same one you want to live in when you retire, or would it make sense to buy something smaller?
- perhaps you plan to move to be nearer to your family?
- even though you may have paid off your mortgage, there'll still be insurance, repairs and maintenance expenses
- many people will need less money for living expenses once they retire, but this could still be as much as 70% of your current income
- to work out how much you'll need, you need to think about all the things you currently buy
- you'll also need to add extras like a new car, holidays abroad or perhaps buying equipment to pursue your hobbies
Your estimated retirement expenses then need to be considered against your finances today. Do you need to pay down some debt? Perhaps you already have some savings and investments that could be working harder for you?
Don't be daunted - we're here to help you every step of the way!
Accordia Advisers are expert at helping you work out your future needs and then designing a plan that suits your individual circumstances.
You may be delighted at how affordable it is to invest for a comfortable and fulfilling retirement.
Take the next step